Thursday, January 31, 2013

Oil Me Up!


Baby J doesn’t get diaper rash very often, but when he does I turn to my jar of coconut oil.  The other night I slathered some on his cute lil’ bum, we went to bed, and in the morning I was amazed to see the diaper rash was virtually gone!  Diaper rash isn’t all coconut oil is good for…

*great for baking, stir-frys, or a butter replacement
*coffee creamer
*skin lotion
*homemade deodorant
*eye-makeup remover
*prevent stretch marks during pregnancy

*rid baby of cradle cap

*boosts metabolism

*rids hair of frizz

*helps skin heal faster after injury or infection

*fights athlete’s foot and toe fungus

*use as nipple cream to soothe from breastfeeding

*a natural treatment for lice when combined with apple cider vinegar

*can improve insulin levels

*reduce appearance of varicose veins

*lessens arthritis with its anti-inflammatory properties

*reduces the itch of mosquito bites

*resolve acne

*when consumed daily, it can speed up weight loss

*soothes the itch from chicken pox or poison ivy

*on cuticles to help nails grow

*clears up cold sores

*makes a great tanning lotion, and also helps to heal sunburns

 Coconut oil is also great for diabetes, heart disease, fatigue, Chron’s, IBS, Alzheimer’s, thyroid conditions, boosting the immune system, and lower cholesterol.  There are many, many more uses for coconut oil, but I honestly didn’t feel like typing them all out.  I will say that I’ll be using it in my morning coffee to hopefully get a little weight loss boost!

 

Sources:
http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1092-COCONUT%20OIL.aspx?activeIngredientId=1092&activeIngredientName=COCONUT%20OIL

No comments:

Post a Comment